New to sex toys? How to introduce them into your relationship
With Valentine's day around the corner, this is the perfect time to spice things up with you and your partner, be it with new lingerie, special massage oils or sex toys.
If you and your partner have never used sex toys together, breaching the topic may be sensitive, uncomfortable and awkward.
Wanting to try something new, or adding sex toys to your repertoire doesn't mean your sex life is lacking or boring. Couples who talk about their sex life report higher levels of satisfaction, and adding toys to their sexual repertoire can add a higher level of mutual trust.
Here's how you can make the experience less awkward, and more pleasurable for both of you:
1. Keep the dialogue open about sex. Talk about what you enjoy, what feels good, and things you want to do more of, or even fantasies and things you might want to try in the future. Having constant communication will make it more comfortable than never talking about it, and then suddenly dropping a bomb on them that you wanna try pegging or butt play.
2. Gently ease it into conversation and assess their thoughts about trying something new - be it dressing up in different lingerie, introducing toys (vibrators, dildos or cock rings, for example) or taking it up a notch by experimenting with BDSM. Discuss what they might be comfortable trying. For some, it may be about increasing sensations, for others, intimacy, trust and sexual expression & confidence.
3. Do your research and shop together for products that makes sense for the both of you. Many toys in the market now cater to providing pleasure for both parties, or several toys allow long distance partners to control the toys via an app on the phone or a remote control.
4. Don't feel pressured to enjoy whatever you try - everyone has their own preferences. Just because it's popular, it may not be for you. This is the whole point of experimentation; you never know until you try. Sex is about feeling comfortable and pleasurable, and if they're not ready to try something new yet, it's important that the both of you are on the same page. If not, there's plenty of other ways to keep things exciting and try new things, sans toys, in the bedroom.
5. If you can't find something for the both of you, know that sex toys for self-pleasure can also help enhance partnered sex. Sometimes getting comfortable with sensations alone can help you become familiar with what you enjoy, leading to more satisfaction overall.
There's often still a stigma or discomfort with talking about sex. It's such a natural part of life, and our goal at Pleasure Bird is to help normalize the conversation.
Our philosophy at Pleasure Bird is to help make the shopping experience easier for you and your partner. If you're new to using sex toys, it can be overwhelming to know what to pick and where to begin. That's why we've done the research curated the top products across various categories, and built an easy to navigate site for women, men and couples.
In addition, our same day delivery service helps you take advantage of the heat of the moment. Sex is sometimes about having the right mood - when you order the toys, keep the excitement alive by knowing they'll be delivered to you in just a few short hours, rather than having to wait days and lose the spark.
Start your Valentine's day shopping now - use promo code KINKY10 for 10% off all items. Our condom giveaway is also going on until Feb 14th, so be sure to add some free condoms to your order!